Sunday, January 30, 2011

Studies~



Exams are coming up. In a few months I have my entrance exam to University. It's five months away still but it feels like no time at all. I'm doing pretty well at high school, I mean I'm passing.. nothing outstanding though.
I'm worried... What if I can't do it? What if I'm not good enough ...
I don't know how the educational system works in other countries but here we take an exam on all the important subjects and then another exam with the branch subjects, adding the results of those exams and the overall result of the last two years of High school and then dividing it by 4 (for the 2 school years and 2 exams) and then that gives you you'r Selectividad result. And then you look at the diferent Unis to see wich one offers the course you want to take with the result you have gained.. The University I want to go to askes for a 7,75 for the teachers course for the age group 0-6 that i want to take wich is pretty high for spanish standards >_< And the exams are really dificult this year.. and aparently their giving up samples of the easy exams they have done for Selectividad... and if i can't get my grade up I'm not gonna make it...
But anyways... there are other University's.. maybie not as good as the one i want to get in to in this area but whatever, the important thing is that i get to study what i want, i refuse to be one of those people i see so often who take classes in courses they don't really want to do for lack of better result and then are stuck with a job they hate.. I've known forever that I want to be a teacher , Ive been looking after little kids for 6 years, going for voluntary work in the infants school and tutoring kids who either have problems with their english or whose parents know nothing of english so they need help.. That is what i want to work as.
So these are my options

Selectividad 
-Pass w/ enough grade
~ Universidad de Alicante.
                
-Pass w/ not enough grade 
~ Module (not tempting.. adds another 2 years to my Uni course) 
~ Look at other Unis in Spain 
~ Start my first year in a private uni and then pass into the U.A if my  grades are good enough 
~ Start my first year in a different course that asks for less grade but wich has the same root subjects and pass in to the one i want next year.
~ Go to another country (quite temping) 


So yea, writing all these options i have has made me feel a bit more positive about making it.
Mabie I really can do it.. I sure hope so.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll do great! You obviously realise how important it is so it's not like you're going to be lazy with your studies. That Spanish system sounds confusing to me though =P
    Good luck sis! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea thank you sis ^^ It is a little confusing lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty blog - if your application and interview are as inspiring as this then I am sure you will do well - and uni in Alicante would be amazing...

    http://whatsthepointinbeingalapdancer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete