Sunday, January 9, 2011

Nightmare 3#

I had a dream,
A strange one. 

I was sitting
My legs crossed , my eyes shut, sitting on the red tiles of my front porch,
My cats Sunny and Jack, and those strays that we have somehow aquired who we call Wendy and Moo,  roamed around me, rubbing their body against my legs and back, purring softly.
It was nice.

The Sun warmed me and relaxed me
And I love the heat.


I felt Jacks warm furr against my hand and the vibrations that course through his body and to my fingertips as he purrs.
Suddenly I feel him stiffen and the purring stops. I remember thinking  
Hes probably just seen a bird or somthing.

But then i notice he's started to feel cold, and the texture is changing. He is no longer silky soft.
It feels more like...
I open my eyes, paniked. I look down.
Where my beautifull cat was standing, now stands a statue
A statue of a cat
like Jack
Identical
It is Jack.

I  look around as I notice theres silence
And the statues of four cats suround me.


I stare, not understanding
I twist around as I hear laughter, a strange hissing, stort of laughter
But definetly laughter.

I uncross my legs and spin around, Im standing and my house is no longer there
Im in a field, vast, baren, it goes on forever
and before me stands a lady whos eyes are the most beautifull things I have seen.

Unlike the rest of her

Her face, gray, almors green, the skin so coarse it seems like scales
With thin lips, almost non-existent, curled up in a animal like snarl, bearing teeth like those of a wolf
And her hair
Dark and green 
It lay lank like unwashed
But then
the ends twiched
the strands began to seperate slowly
And then I realised
Snakes
This was Medussa.

I tried to move but I was unable to
Her eyes kept me fixed I could hardly breathe
I could feel the ice cold stone forming
crushing my insides
excruciating
painfull

The pain crept up from my feet 
From the tips of my fingers
Spreading its way through my body
The pain was so much
but i couldnt scream
I was paralized

She got closer
I was trapped in her gaze
And as I felt myself blacking out from the screaming in my body as the stone invaded me and my insides turned to ice cold rock
I heard her hissing laughter in my ears

And I thought Medussa killed me 

This as a very strange dream to me. I woke up with my heart hammering in my chest as if I had just recieved a shot of adrenaline. When I managed to cach my breath I proceeded to write it all down on a scrap of paper i had by my bed.
I still can still smell the foul smell of her breath and hear that hissing laugh . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment