Saturday, January 8, 2011

Breathe.

I am back 
but he has gone 
Now I am waiting for his plane to land, the plane that will deliver him safely to his country

He has gone 
I can hardly believe it 
I feel empty 
Theres nothing left after the tears run dry

Back home again. . . 
Leaving me pining for his precence
There is emptiness in the space by my side
where my darling should be . . .
Where he has been for the last nineteen days 
That felt like forever
and no time at all.


He held me tight and kissed my tears 
Im going to go now, he whisperes softly 
I nod , I know he has to go, but I hold him tighter 
why does it have to be like this 
Even those perfect nineteen days had to end
as he walked away into the crowd with tears streaking his face
I feel what its like to have the person you love the most taken away from you 
I start shaking
my wounds raw and screaming
I want him to turn back 
I want to call out to him 
I want to feel him in my arms one last time 
Kiss him one last time 
I want it so badly I can hardly breathe
But I don't 
Because I can't 

I want to die 
Because my reason to live is leaving me
And there are so many ways that I could die
And I think about them.

But thats all I do 
Because In the midst of the pain and the loss
the heartbreak of his tear-stained beautifull face
I know I have to stay alive 
Because he is coming back to me.

He keeps me breathing.

2 comments: